Because you (associations, nonprofits, small businesses) should ask Who, Why and Where before you focus on What and How!
Let’s briefly explore these four questions.
- Who are you trying to reach? Members? Customers? Prospects? Media? Influencers?
- What do you want them to do, not do or let you do?
- Where are the folks you are trying to reach? Are they on social media? If so, are they on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or something else?
- After you have answered the first three questions, now you can explore which social media platforms you should use to connect with your targets and engage them as you desire.
- Once you’ve identified your media of choice, dive in. Understand how each works. Explore how to get maximum results.