Mentally Strong People: The 13 Things They Avoid
By Cheryl Conner via Forbes
1. They Don’t Waste Time Feeling Sorry for Themselves
2. They Don’t Give Away Their Power
3. They Don’t Shy Away from Change
4. They Don’t Waste Energy on Things They Can’t Control
5. They Don’t Worry About Pleasing Everyone
6. They Don’t Fear Taking Calculated Risks
7. They Don’t Dwell on the Past
8. They Don’t Make the Same Mistakes Over and Over
9. They Don’t Resent Other People’s Success
10. They Don’t Give Up After the First Failure
11. They Don’t Fear Alone Time
12. They Don’t Feel the World Owes Them Anything
13. They Don’t Expect Immediate Results
Is leadership born or built?
By James G. Clawson via the Washington Post
In his book, “Executive Instinct,” Nigel Nicholson of the London Business School suggests that there may be a leadership gene — that some people are just driven to be in charge. But the University of Michigan’s Noel Tichy — in his book “The Leadership Engine” — declares that leadership style and abilities emerge from experience. Yet another opinion comes from the former chief executive of a $40 billion business who claims that leadership is irrelevant — it’s all about designing the right employer contracts.
I think leadership is about managing energy, first in yourself and then in those around you. What this definition implies is that unless you are deeply committed to an outcome that others can engage in and understand, no amount of teaching will make you a leader.
Tips for Making Your Website Responsive
By Steffan Berelowitz via MarketingProfs.com
Have you ever tried to read a newspaper from 100 feet away with a pair of binoculars? If your website isn't mobile-optimized, that is how your mobile visitors feel. Many marketers are struggling to find the right strategy to effectively engage all of their Web visitors—and rightfully so! People can now connect to the Web through hundreds of different devices, all with unique screen sizes, resolutions, and device capabilities. Responsive Web design (RWD) has become the gold standard for website redesign projects due to its fluid nature and ability to adapt to the size of device screens. Responsive design gives peace of mind to marketers, because they know their site will look good on any screen.
7 of the Hardest People to Lead
By Ron Edmondson
Here are 7 of the hardest people to lead:
- Know it all
- Gifted leaders