Hashtags do not get enough credit. Hashtags are powerful, useful tools for marketing, communication, and driving engagement. In fact, almost every social network has implemented a hashtag system over the past couple of years, and hashtags are an excellent way to break through the noise of the Internet to better communicate with a valuable audience.
So, I researched the music industry's best examples of hashtag usage across Twitter, Google+, and Facebook. Use these examples as hashtag inspiration to market your music and improve your audience's experience.
- Hijack a hashtag
- Build anticipation around a new release
- Use #Music, Twitter's music app
- Host a live Q&A with fans
- Tap into Facebook's #NewMusic
- Target ads via hashtag on Facebook and Twitter
- Give your fans a community with a hashtag