You spend hours drafting, editing, rewriting, proofing and publishing them to communicate key association messages.
Since words matter Don’t Disguise Them When Published.
So, spend the extra time to ensure they are not hidden when published in a newsletter, on a website or in a PowerPoint presentation.
Here are three tips to keep your words making an impact:
- Rather, use high contrast Black type!
- For examples, see Contrast Rebellion
2. Breakup the grey!
- Ignore what you learned in English: convert to short paragraphs
- Use subheadings
- Add visuals to enhance words
3. Recognize that Less is More!
- When in doubt, cut it out
- Know what you want “reader” to do; cut anything that doesn’t support that
- Use 3-step “broadcast news style”: 1) “tell’em what you’re going to tell’em; 2) tell’em; 3) tell’em what you told them
PS. For more ideas on making your website more user friendly, see Pamela Wilson’s blog The Essentials of Human Web Design.