I'm speaking -- on behalf of AMR Management Services -- today at the New England Society of Association Executives annual conference. Actually, speaking is probably the wrong verb. I'm leading the discussion about challenges of managing association and nonprofit organizations.
The audience will select from these 10 topics. After a few remarks from me, we'll have a group discussion to discover potential solutions.
- What do you do when association volunteers want to manage rather than lead?
- Why is working with nonprofits like putting socks on an octopus?
- Two Key Questions for Associations & Nonprofits: Who do you serve? Who do you want to serve?
- The Problem with Committees: Story #1 and Story #2
- Can Our Associations Change if Our Boards are Past the “Adventure Window?”
- Challenges of Narrow-Minded Board Members.
- Will Your Association Face a Kodak Moment? Story #1 and Story #2
- Are association (and governmental) boards too big?
- In a content fried world, associations content curation can benefit members.
- Don’t Eat the Toner: 7 tips for association communicators.
I welcome other topics that we should have included. Leave your comments here.