- Integrated Marketing
- Twitter &/or IM
- Mobile &/or QR Codes
- Facebook &/or LinkedIn
- Blogs, Websites &/or Slide Share
TIP 11: Use a QR code
Shared by Betsy Wintringer, Association Management Center
- QR codes can help reach a younger generation of members. In this instance, AAHPM designed a full complement of marketing materials and tailored the message, design, look and feel to reach med students.
From Greg Schultz, The Sherwood Group
- You blinked, and mobile-optimized is old news. Responsive and adaptive sites deliver the best experience and allow the best access possible to your content. This new way of developing sites is platform independent and allows features to be added progressively based on users device, browser and connection speed. Your customers don’t feel penalized or judged for not having the latest technology. In the slide, you can see the site scale and adjust its features for computer screen to tablet to smartphone screen sizes.
Shared by Jeannie Sheehy, The Bostrom Corporation
- Use Mobile Apps where they make sense. The Tile Roofing Institute application for Contractors and Builders subtly pushed product yet provided efficiency in job. Mobile Marketing areas to watch: text message marketing & content delivered via SMS or mobile web, or Android, Blackberry or iPhone App.
From Hugh Whaley, AMR Management Services
- There are inexpensive, short-term options for text-based messaging at events/conferences. Use text messaging during your event to make conference announcements (room change, etc.). Add a field for a mobile phone number to your registration form, so members/attendees can opt-in before the event. EZ Texting allows pay-as-you-go options, as low as $0.05 per message.
Shared by Brian Riggs, Association Headquarters
- Make sure to know what NOT to do with QR Codes. We introduced a QR code with a cupcake decorated with the new QR Code. People didn’t know whether to eat the cupcake or scan the code. A few weeks later, I read a Mashable piece on “what not to do with QR Codes” and using them to decorate a cupcake was in the Top 10!