These insightful words are revealed inside David Meerman Scott’s book The New Rules of Marketing & PR. Scott’s book is based on his statement that “the web has changed the rules” of marketing and pr.
As you think about your association or nonprofit organization, consider that “publish” today has many platforms beyond print.
Think of the multiple ways you can publish or
be published as part of making your organization a thought leader for your industry or profession:
- A printed magazine or journal
- A printed newsletter
- A e-newsletter
- A Tip of the Week blast email
- A weekly (or daily) blog
- A new piece on your Website
- A speech or outline posted as a PowerPoint or pdf file on SlideShare.net
- A vlog (video blog)
- A Tweet
- A Webinar
- A Podcast
- A direct mail postcard or flier
- A Facebook post
- A LinkedIn update
- A YouTube video
- A Flickr file of photos
You are what you publish. Make that the mantra of your content management and marketing strategy.