I’m not sure why but the volume of junk email marketing arriving last week reached a tipping point.
Here’s a sample of what arrived in my email box one day last week:
- Connecting up ... “Can we set up a call? What time works best next week?”
- Followup ... “It’s Josh. I just wanted to followup and see if you received my earlier email?”
- Top Issues in all 50 States ... “We recently asked reporters in all 50 states and Washington, DC.”
- Dear owner of scdgroup.net ... “We make digital floor plans using below software based on your Handsketch/PDF/JPEG files. We offer a wide range of drafting services and we have fulltime staffs working Inhouse at our office located in India.”
- All were unsolicited contact from companies I’ve never done business with.
- All senders were obviously ignorant about my company and what I do.
- All “signed” their emails with a “personal signature” as though we were friends.